Top 5 Tips for Moving Back to College
We know it’s a drag that summer is basically over, and the last thing you want to do is pack up all your belongings and move back to college—but soon you’ll be back with all your friends, pulling all-nighters and partying. So how do you get prepared to move back to campus? At SMARTBOX, we have five great tips for moving back to college to prepare you to say goodbye to summer.
Our Top 5 Tips for Moving Back to College
Our top five tips for moving back to college are:
- Pack in advance – If you want to make moving back to college a breeze, you have to pack in advance—just think of it as a study in not procrastinating! With SMARTBOX, we can help you start packing your things and getting them out of the way by bringing out one of our portable storage containers. You can start packing now and be ready when school starts!
- Buy books in advance – Many campus book stores allow you to place an order for your books in advance and have them delivered directly to your dorm room—sometimes even off campus. Skip the long lines in the book store and order your books online.
- Hire an affordable moving company – College is already expensive—don’t shell out the big bucks for a moving company. Find a company that’s going to work for you. At SMARTBOX, not only can we customize a moving plan built around you, we can help you do it affordably!
- Only pack what you need for that semester – You’re most likely going to come back for winter break anyway, so only pack what you’re going to need for this semester. If you have things you won’t need until the spring, leave them at home!
- Coordinate with you roommates – Last, but not least, make sure to coordinate with your roommates. Although you both might survive on coffee and Easy Mac, you don’t need to coffee makers and two microwaves.
How SMARTBOX Can Help You Move Back to College
Moving back to college doesn’t have to be a hassle—let SMARTBOX help. We can deliver a portable storage container (or two or three!) to your door and give you all the time you need filling it. Just let us know when move-in day is, and we can come pick up your storage container and deliver it to your dorm or college housing. Our storage containers fit perfectly in a standard parking space, so they won’t be in the way!
If you’re in the MD, VA, or DC area, contact SMARTBOX today to help you move back to college! Give us a call at 800-210-2317 or reserve your boxes online!
Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Caroline, Carroll, Cecil, Charles, Dorchester, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Kent, Montgomery, Prince George, Queen Anne, Saint Mary, Somerset, Annapolis, Baltimore, Bethesda, Columbia, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Hyattsville, Rockville, Silver Spring, Wheaton.