Use Temperature-Controlled Storage This Summer
When you store your belongings over the summer, you may want to consider using a temperature-controlled storage unit. After all, you’ll want to find your belongings the way you left them! Because some of your items may be valuable or sensitive to different environments, having a climate-controlled storage box can make all the difference.
If you live in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC and need a temperature-controlled storage unit, call 301-683-6111 today and speak with the storage experts at SMARTBOX.
Do You Need Climate-Controlled Storage?
As you prepare to find the right storage solution for your items, consider the following questions:
- Does the temperature of the place in which you are storing items exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Will your storage unit be in a humid climate?
- Do your possessions have high monetary or sentimental value to you?
- Are you storing your belongings for a long period of time?
- Are you unsure of the duration of storage time you’ll need?
- Are you going to visit the storage box often—and if so, will you need temperate conditions?
If you nodded your head “yes” to any of these questions, a temperature-controlled storage unit would probably benefit you!
How Can a Temperature-Controlled Storage Unit Help?
Climate-controlled storage units tend to have different attributes depending on the company. At SMARTBOX, our units will help:
- Reduce the likelihood of damage to your belongings – Temperature-controlled storage facilities maintain a consistent temperature no matter the season. If your belongings are stored in a facility that is not temperature-controlled, the severe hot and cold weather can damage your belongings—not only can this be upsetting, it can be costly, too.
- Keep your things inside of a finished building – Since temperature-controlled storage facilities are finished buildings with complete HVAC systems, there is the added benefit of security for your belongings. They won’t simply be put into a room with a garage door closure securing them from any outside elements, pests, or even other people.
- Reduce the chances of mold or mildew growth – When the temperature is kept consistent, it greatly reduces the chances of mold or mildew growth. Not only can temperature-controlled storage facilities help prevent the damage caused by mold and mildew growth, but also the health hazards they pose if these items are returned to your home or office.
- Safely store a variety of sensitive belongings – Temperature-controlled storage facilities allow you to safely store all of your sensitive belongings. Using temperature-controlled storage helps to prevent any corruption or damage that could happen to these sensitive items if they were to be subjected to the elements or severe changes in temperature.
Get a Temperature-Controlled Unit in MD, VA & DC
SMARTBOX of Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC can help you find the perfect climate-controlled unit for your needs. Reserve your unit today by filling out a contract form or calling 301-683-6111 to speak with one of our professionals.